A tool for members of Jax Freestyle Book Club, a meetup.com group in Jacksonville, Florida, to talk about what they're reading and would like to read. Click on the meetup badge to the right to go to our meeting homepage.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

meeting place

Anne,
Last night you mentioned that our next meeting might be at the Coffee Roasters on the corner of Crown Point and San Jose. I was wondering if you're considering that as our permanent meetup spot. It's certainly convenient for me. So I'd vote for it to be our permanent spot IF they like us there and have a good decaf latte. It's right next door to The Loop in case people need to come right after work and therefore need a bite to eat before the meetup.

I liked The Grape also. I'm OK with switching from month to month also. The thing that I didn't like about Borders was that I thought we were disturbing people there that were studying and reading. It seemed to me that we were the only ones in Borders that were talking. The thing that I didn't like about The Grotto was that the music was too loud. The Grape was comfortable and would have been even more comfortable if that big group hadn't been there.

I actually wish we'd meet at restaurants for dinner. And the meeting would be from 6 to 7:30 or so. That's what the last book group (that I was in) did. That works well for people pushed for time. We have to eat. So combining dinner with the meeting saves time. BUT if other people don't want to do that, that's fine. Just a thought.
Susan

No comments: